After conducting research the group proposed the highest areas of need are Substance Abuse, Senior Isolation, Exercise for physical, social and mental wellness and Food Insecurity. We are charged to create a blueprint for success by May 2017 and the best resources be defined shortly thereafter.
We are charged to create a blueprint for success by May 2017. Through training, our group realized there may be other areas of health needs not addressed by the data we found originally. The Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation brought together 49 of their partner agencies: nonprofits, schools, political leaders, police, business owners and philanthropists who all signed up to become part of this exciting new coalition.
Listening ToursOur goal is to have 10-15 highly attended workshops where all residents are invited to come together and express what health issues are facing them today; what health issues are facing their friends / neighbors. Through instant technology, the audience will see where their issues are falling with respect to the room at large. (Of course all responses are anonymous). Read more...
Listening Room Host
- This person / organization will appoint a coordinator, to run the entire event.
- Fully responsible for the finding a suitable location.
- Coordinator to email Kelly Fliller with day, time and location for your Listening Tour for use on the coalition website and social media. Must be at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Invitations to be created and sent out to the host’s constituency.
- Invitations to be promoted on the host’s social media / marketing materials.
- Microphones, Flip Charts, markers etc
- May promote you organization and its role on Wake Up with Jeremy Grunin.